Many years ago my husband introduced me to Spinach Artichoke Dip and I must say I loved it. I am a huge lover of spinach anyways so this appetizer was something right up my alley. We were young and newly married, we just didn’t have a ton of money for going out to eat that often. So, I created my own recipe so we could have Spinach Dip whenever we wanted and if I do say so myself it is even better than what you can buy. I have made the recipe more times than I remember for various get togethers and it always received rave reviews. It is perfect for the big game, Nascar race, family fun night or whenever you need an awesome appetizer.
In my recipe I do use a huge shortcut, jar alfredo sauce. While many recipes use mayonnaise, i’m just not the biggest fan of mayo so I had to figure out something else to use. Alfredo sauce was the first thing I thought of. I remember way back when it came out buying it because I thought it was easier to dump a jar of sauce instead of making my own. I don’t buy the stuff now except to make this dip. It is the perfect base. Many brands of the jarred alfredo sauce are also gluten free also which is a huge plus in this recipe. When you go to a restaurant the majority of the time their Spinach Dip is not gluten free. The same when you go to the grocery store and pick some up out of the freezer case. Being gluten free it’s the small thing like this that make me happy. I get my spinach dip and I can eat it too.
The recipe is also super easy to make. It can be made in minutes and served instantly or made in advance and then reheated in the oven. Try for yourself! I am sure you will fall in love with this Spinach Dip!
- 1 Jar Alfredo Sauce
- 1 8oz block of pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 2 10oz boxes of chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or a couple cloves of minced garlic)
- Red Pepper flakes, to taste
- In saucepan add Alfredo sauce, pepper jack cheese, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder and cook on medium heat until cheese has melted.
- Add well drained spinach to the cheese mixture and warm thoroughly.
- Serve Hot or if desired bake at 350* for 30 minutes.