This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PowerInProtein #CollectiveBias
For the past 6 weeks or so i’ve changed up my exercise routine. I’ve been forced to take a break from running and I was in an exercise funk thanks to of all things a toe injury. My husband suggested I start working out with him and our 15 year old so I have; I am back to lifting weights consistently. I hate to admit it but I hadn’t been consistent with my strength training in a while. I have barely done it since my car accident but I am back and I am doing good. In the just over 6 weeks I have been back at it i’ve made some great gains.
With my running I have always pondered adding a protein supplement to my diet. Now that I am lifting on a regular basis again (and plan to continue when I start running again) I am thinking more and more that it is a need. My mind goes in a tizzy when it comes to researching the different brands and each of my friends has a different opinion. So, I went to Walmart and picked up some EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control to try out.
Why pick EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control? Here are some great reasons why:
- EAS is a great source of Protein
- EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control will help you manage hunger and nourish muscles.
- EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control can help you manage your weight and increase your energy.
- EAS is good, complete nutrition
- EAS contains good for you nutrients
- EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control can help you reach your fitness and nutrition goals when combined with an active lifestyle.
- EAS can help you reach your best you yet.
- This product is designed to help you get lean and toned – specifically designed for active, carb-conscious people looking for a lean-protein weight-management solution.
I have protein now to try, YAY! I am ready to try it out but I was also thinking, how can I make this protein drink even better? Yes, EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control is tasty by itself but my mind was thinking about turning it into a frozen treat so I did! I created Protein Creamsicle Sherbet and it was not only super easy to make but it makes the perfect post workout cold snack.
Making Protein Creamsicle Sherbet is actually pretty simple. You only need a few ingredients. One Vanilla EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control drink, an orange, orange juice, honey, vanilla and a wee bit of salt.
You start by pouring your vanilla EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control drink in a bowl and adding to it the zest of one orange.
I then drizzle in Vanilla Bean Paste. Vanilla Extract can be used but I prefer the paste and all the beautiful vanilla bean specks.
I continue adding all my ingredients and whisk them all up. Once whisked up I transfer to a tupperware container and refrigerate overnight. This is a good time to place your ice cream maker in the freezer, if needed.
The next day I set up my Kitchen Aide Ice Cream Maker and got it ready to make some sherbet. It took about 15-20 minutes until I had some soft serve consistency sherbet.
I then placed the sherbet in an freezer safe container and into the freezer to allow it firm up a bit more.
I was impatient though, I wanted to try some out. So after a couple hours I pulled it out to serve some up.
So I scooped myself up a small bowl.
and it was delicious. It would be the perfect thing for after my summertime workouts in our garage.
I will never know though. My husband and son thought so too as they finished it up after their work outs that evening. They ate it all! I guess that means I need to make some more.
What are your plans for reaching your fitness goals and becoming a healthier you? Have you added protein to your diet? How do you add it?
Protein Creamsicle Sherbet
Country Girl Gourmet
- 1 11oz French Vanilla EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Shake ( or 1½ cups of protein shake)
- ⅓ cup Honey
- zest of one orange
- 2 cups Orange Juice (fresh or bottled not from concentrate)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or paste)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl combine EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Shake, Orange Zest, Vanilla, Honey, Orange Juice and Salt and mix well with a whisk.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Freeze in a 4 to 5 quart ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer sherbet to a lidded freezer safe container, and freeze for 4 hours.
Want to know where you can buy EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control? You can buy EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control at Walmart or directly from EAS.