Some of the best things in life are simple. This goes for food too. There is just something about when simple ingredients combine creating something that is just spectacular.My favorite pork roast recipe falls into this category. It is delicious and simple but fancy enough for a special meal. It would be perfect for Easter dinner, Sunday dinner or just a Tuesday night. Try it for yourself and see how wonderful simple can be.
Simple Savory Pork Roast
adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves,minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 3 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- approx 2TB olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a resealable plastic bag, mix rosemary, garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper. Place pork roast that has been drizzled with olive oil in the bag, seal, and toss until thoroughly coated. Place pork roast in a medium baking dish that has been drizzled with olive oil.
3.Cook pork roast covered for 45 minutes and then uncovered for 15 minutes.The pork roast is done when the internal temperature is 145 degrees for medium or 160 for well done. It is ok for pork to be a bit pink.
Check out THIS chart for helpful pork cooking times.