On the second day of Homemade Christmas, I made Cranberry Orange Loaf for my family and friends.
Quick breads are a great choice when making homemade gifts for friends and family and this Cranberry Orange Loaf doesn’t disappoint. The sweet orange and tart cranberries are traditional flavors of the season that compliment each other well. My family devours this quick bread whenever I make it. I don’t think it has ever lasted for a full day in our house.
I like giving mini quickbreads as gifts because it is quick and easy for me and I am all about quick and easy. It is another recipe that takes just over an hour to make and bake. Most of that time is the bread baking in the oven too. That is if you are baking a full loaf. Mini loaves would take less time.After your quick bread has cooled all that is left to do is wrap it up and make it look pretty and gift to your friends and family.
Bake up a loaf today and share. Your friends and family will love it more than a fruitcake.
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose or gluten free all purpose)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in orange juice. Beat in flour mixture until just moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Wrap in plastic when completely cool.
- Optional Glaze- ¼ cup orange juice, ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract, Confectioners Sugar (as needed) Stir in Confectioner sugar to orange mix until desired thickness. Pour over bread.
This recipe is Cranberry Orange Loaf from Allrecipes.com
Don’t Forget to check out the rest of our 12 Days of Homemade Christmas!
Click HERE for the 2018 Homemade Christmas list