When thinking about Christmas treats I am often thinking of something that isn’t minty or gingerbread. Cranberry orange is a flavor that comes to my mind. I have mentioned this flavor profile on my homemade Christmas list in years past. Usually, I am sharing different types of cookies and goodies like my Almost Cranberry Bliss Bars but today I have made some fudge.
A sweet, creamy white chocolate fudge that is speckled with orange zest, cranberries, and pistachios that is perfect for of your holiday cookie trays and gift giving.
While fudge sometimes can be tricky this is one of the easiest fudge recipes out there and it only takes minutes to make. One of the keys to making it is to be sure to use three cups of white chocolate chips. If you use less than three cups your fudge will not properly set up.
The sweetened condensed milk helps the fudge stay nice and creamy. After all no one wants gritty fudge. Then the cranberry and pistachio not only give it some Christmas color but taste great when combined all together with some orange zest too. If your family is anything like mine this fudge will disappear faster than you can get it on your holiday goodie trays
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease an 8x8-inch square baking dish.
- Melt chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in dried cranberries, pistachios, orange zest, and vanilla extract. Pour fudge into a prepared baking dish or molds and spread into a smooth layer. Cover and refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut fudge into square pieces.