Lemon baked goods are a sweet favorite of mine like these Gluten Free Lemon Crinkles.
So yes, I love all types of sweets but lemony sweets hold a special place in my heart. I don’t know what it is about them but they are among my favorite sweet treats. Lemon crinkles have long been a favorite but when I became gluten free I no longer had a lemon cookie recipe. I had always made cake mix cookies to get my lemon cookie fix. I knew I needed to finally figure out how to make them from scratch.
It took some trial and error but I finally figured them out. They were sweet and lemony perfection. The only thing they possibly could use was a few drops of yellow food coloring to give it that tell-tale lemon yellow color.
It’s not necessary though these cookies look great without it and taste even better! I know they will be a regular in my house.
These lemon cookies are the perfect sweet treat for your lemon treat loving friends. Pair with some tea and a cute mug or tea cup and you have the perfect homemade Christmas gift!
- ½ cup Butter
- zest and juice of 1 Lemon
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract or paste
- 1¾ cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend (with xanthan gum such as such as Cup for Cup)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- *add a few drops of yellow food coloring if desired*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, lemon zest, brown sugar and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar.
- Pour powdered sugar into a small bowl. Scoop cookie dough with a cookie scoop, approximately 1 tablespoon of dough, and drop and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet to bake
- Bake for 10-14 minutes.