Keeping with our classic cookies the next sweet treat on my 12 days of Homemade Christmas are, Classic Peanut Butter Cookies.
I have no clue how I have blogged for as long as I have without posting about these classic Peanut Butter Cookies. These cookies are a favorite in my house and disappear fast when I make them.
The recipe is an oldie but goodie too. It is my grandma’s recipe. The recipe can be made with creamy or crunchy peanut butter and it works beautifully with gluten free flour too.
For the holidays and giving away to friends these cookies could be dressed up by dipping or drizzling in some melted chocolate and sprinkling with some chopped peanuts.
Extra chocolate isn’t needed, though. These cookies can hold their own.
If you are a peanut butter lover or have one in your life this is the peanut butter cookie recipe that you are looking for. Try them out today and let me know what you think!
Are you a crunchy or creamy peanut butter fan? What type do you use in peanut butter cookies?
- 4 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract or Paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 cups Shortening
- 2 cups Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 5⅓ cups All Purpose Flour
- Cream shortening, peanut butter, and sugars together in a bowl; beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into wet mixture.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 1-2 hours.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.