I have to tell y’all a secret about bloggers and blogging. We have to work months ahead. It is one of the things I dislike because every year it seems bloggers are pushing things out earlier and earlier. That is why you have been seeing Christmas pins for well over a month now on Pinterest. Here is something about me. I just can’t. I know I need to organize and get my Christmas stuff going but when it is 75+ degrees out, it is hard coming up with 12 things for my Homemade Christmas posts, I’m just not ready to write about Christmas and the holidays. I have been working on new recipes, though. I have an awesome new brownie recipe that my family loves, Caramel and Bacon Brownies.
If you like things that are both sweet and salty these brownies are about to become your best friend. At first, I wasn’t sure about pairing bacon and chocolate but they go together beautifully. Who would have guessed? Then there is the caramel that adds another dimension to the brownies. A beautiful and delicious, sweet and sticky one.
My family has the best job in my house and were once again my tasting guinea pigs since I couldn’t try these beauties.They may have been hesitant at first but now beg me to make these brownies. They really are that good, too good to wait until December to share the recipe. Too good to wait until Christmas time to make again. Heck, I will probably make them again before Thanksgiving and again for all of my family that is visiting for Thanksgiving!
What are your favorite Brownie add-ins?
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- ½ cup caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt ½ cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in ⅓ cup cocoa, ½ cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread half of the batter into prepared pan.Top batter with caramel and sprinkle bacon on top. Cover the caramel and bacon layer with remaining brownie batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Do not overcook.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes Best Brownies.