In my crazy life when I can make dinner quick and easy it is always a plus. When I can make dinner that is quick and easy and clean up is a breeze that is winning. While my kids are older and fully capable of cleaning up after dinner like I had to as a kid I have one issue. I can be a bit OCD with how things should be cleaned up. My cleaning OCD is bad. I am the person that re-cleans what someone else has just cleaned so it is done “right”. Yep, that is me. Although after making Backyard Barbecue Chicken I may let my family help clean up a little more because clean up is so easy.
So why am I in love with this Backyard Barbecue Chicken? It has reintroduced me to cooking with foil packets. Foil packets are awesome especially when it comes to clean up. You place all of your ingredients in the foil, carefully fold up and then cook on either the grill or in the oven. Serve your food and to clean up just toss the foil. Now, that’s what i’m talking about. Quick clean up means more time for other fun things like playing Pokemon Go with my kids. Hey, my daughter and I may have caught Pikachu, repeatedly, but all the boys are still looking for him.
As for the Backyard Barbecue Chicken the recipe couldn’t be any easier too. It has simple ingredients, chicken breast, BBQ sauce, cut corn and green peppers. If desired you could season your chicken breast also. That all boils down to the flavor you are trying to achieve. You carefully assemble your of packet and then throw it on the grill for about 20 minutes and then just like that you have dinner. It’s up to you if you want to serve something else with it. I added some roasted sweet potato to our meal and my family ate it all in no time at all and that makes me a happy mom!
Foil packet dinners are definitely here to stay in my hot mess household. How could I have forgotten how great they are? My family loves them and clean up is a breeze. I can definitely appreciate that with my families crazy, hot mess life!
What are some of your favorite foil packet dinners?
- 2 sheets (12x18-inches each) Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high or oven to 450 degrees F.
- Center two chicken breast halves on each sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil. Spoon ¼ the barbecue sauce over each piece of chicken. Top each piece of chicken with ¼ of the vegetables.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make two packets.
- Grill 12 to 15 minutes in covered grill.
- OR bake 18 to 22 minutes on a baking sheet in oven until chicken reaches 170 degrees F on meat thermometer.
- Open packets carefully, allowing steam to escape, by cutting along top fold with sharp knife.
Recipe from Allrecipes.com, Backyard Barbecue Chicken
I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on My Hot Southern Mess. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of My Hot Southern Mess.