It’s Friday and around our house that means it is Family Fun Night! Typically on Family Fun Night my family eats pizza and watches movies. For food i’m left to fend for myself. Sometimes though I skip the pizza and make other snack foods instead. With Allrecipes this month we worked with Hormel Chili and I discovered their Chili Nachos.
I can say that I have never had Hormel Chili until they sent me a couple cans. I was sent the no beans type but unfortunately for me it has gluten. So I made a food my kids ask me to make all the time and I never do, hotdogs, and turned them into chili dogs.
My kids loved the chili dogs! Then again, what kid wouldn’t!
While making the chili dogs I decided I need to find out if they had a gluten free version that I could try and they did! Most of the varieties with beans are gluten free. So I bought some, hoping to like it and made their Chili Nachos.
The difference in these nachos than most others is that you bake all of the ingredients. Yes,all of them including the garnishes that typically go on top. I wasn’t sure about this but by baking everything it turned into something wonderful. From now on this will be my preferred method of making nachos! Who would of thought of baking the tomatoes?!?! I am glad they did.
As for the Hormel Chili, I was happily surprised. The chili while not homemade was good. The flavor reminded me of the days when Taco Bell sold Chilitos,chili cheese burritos. I use to love chili cheese burritos. They chili nachos were pure comfort food for me and my family loved them too. The best part about them is they are super quick and easy to make. I think i’m going to keep a can or two in the pantry from now on for quick and easy family fun nights food.
What is your favorite way to make Nachos?
- 3 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red or white onion
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime 1
- 12 cups corn tortilla chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can HORMEL® Chili With Beans
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced pitted ripe olives, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 3 cups shredded colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile (or more to taste), thinly sliced (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In bowl, mix together tomatoes, onion and cilantro. Squeeze lime into the tomato mixture and toss until blended.
- Arrange a single layer of chips on heatproof platter or baking sheet. Top with spoonfuls of chili, tomato mixture, olives and cheese. Add jalapeno slices, if desired. Repeat layers until all the ingredients are used.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Serve nachos hot.
Recipe from Allrecipes.com