Easter is almost here! Although it is later this year how can it be that it is time for Easter already? I know many people who are having their oh crap moments and wondering what are they going to do for the day. From putting together Easter baskets to planning Easter Brunch and dinner. This year I can say I am thankful for Johnsonville Sausage. If you have read some of my other social media postings then you may already know that my family loves Johnsonville Sausage. It is seriously some awesome sausage. Well, I have discovered yet again another Johnsonville recipe that my family loves and it is perfect for Easter brunch! Johnsonville’s Amazing Muffin Cups are the perfect addition to any Easter brunch. They have a base of hash browns that are topped with sausage, cheese, red pepper, green onions and eggs. Sounds pretty good, huh? Add some fresh fruit and you are all set to go with an amazing Easter brunch.
Amazing Muffin Cups
- 12 links Johnsonville® Original breakfast sausage
- 3 cups frozen country style shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- chopped fresh chives or green onion
- Prepare sausage according to package directions. cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, butter, salt and pepper; divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups. Press mixture onto sides and bottom of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, divide sausage pieces into muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups. Sprinkle with chives or onion. Return to oven, bake 13-15 minutes or until set. Serve.