The other morning I was going through my blog looking for a recipe that I make all of the time. Well, more my daughter makes all the time and to my surprise, I discovered I have never posted about our favorite Banana Chip Muffins.
My daughter likes to bake and wants to learn to cook more. I have started her with the basics but she has a specialty. Her banana chip muffins. She has made them for not only us but her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins and they all loved them. They really are the perfect little muffin!
Her journey in muffin making started quite simply, we had bananas no one was eating so she asked to make muffins. I told her ok but you have to find the recipe. She ran to grab her kindle and started checking Allrecipes.com and found the recipe she wanted to try. I gave her minimal help but in no time at all I had a banana chip muffin making monster.
I can’t bring bananas in the house anymore without her wanting to save a couple to make muffins. Her banana chip muffins are delicious so I don’t mind at all!
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour (we use Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips into a large bowl. Mix thoroughly, and make a well in the center.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl until frothy. Mix in cooking oil, milk, vanilla, and bananas. Pour mixture into the well. Stir only to moisten. Batter will be lumpy. Fill greased muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe can originally be found on Allrecipes.com, Banana Chip Muffins I