Since my last blog centered on coffee and a certain coffee house, it makes sense for me to continue with another coffee house themed post. For my 3rd day of Homemade Christmas, I would like to share my, Almost Cranberry Bliss Bars.
While waiting in line at Starbucks you can’t help but look at the menu and see that they offer more than just coffee and tea. Starbucks has a variety of sweet and savory food options. While once upon a time I loved their coffee cake, my days eating Starbucks sweet treats are over now that I am gluten-free. I can’t help but wonder about some of the treats like the Cranberry Bliss Bars while I’m waiting in line.
After coming home from one of my stops at Starbucks I decided to search and figure out what exactly is in and makes a Cranberry Bliss Bar and how I could make gluten free ones. I can’t even begin to tell you how many recipes I looked at. There were so many different versions but not a single gluten free one.
I learned that the base of the cranberry bliss bar was like a blondie, it had a cream cheese frosting that sprinkled with cranberries and then white chocolate was drizzled on top and then it was cut in triangles. The bars were also full of flavor also. In addition to cranberries, the bars were full of delicious things like white chocolate, orange zest, and ginger. The bars sounded like something I definitely needed to make so I did!
The bars came out truly decadent! There was no wonder in my mind as to why these were called Cranberry Bliss Bars. They were such a special treat that would be perfect for sharing with friends and family. They would look beautiful on any holiday dessert table too! I can’t wait to make them again to share with friends and family.
What is your favorite Starbuck Sweet Treat? Have you ever tried to make it at home?
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1½ cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Beat sugar, brown sugar and butter together in a large until smooth; beat in eggs, vanilla extract, and orange zest into brown sugar-butter mixture until incorporated.
- Beat flour, baking powder, salt and ground ginger into brown sugar-butter mixture until batter is smooth; fold in ¾ cup dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 30 minutes. Cool cake completely.
- Prepare the frosting; in a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well-blended. Stir in the other half of the orange zest/ 2 teaspoons.
- Spread frosting evenly over cake; sprinkle with ¼ cup chopped dried cranberries.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over frosted bars.
- Cut bars into squares or triangles.